The Center for Laser Surgery was one of the first practices in the U.S. to introduce the NewApeel non-particle microdermabrasion unit with Diamondtome wands. Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical skincare treatment that is safe and effective. Using the controlled application of a diamond coated abrasion device light peeling is used to soften fine lines, lighten age spots and improve skin texture and color. Your skin appearance is enhanced through a course of weekly sessions. Improvement continues throughout the treatment program, which may be also used in combination with other topical agents for added benefit.
Microdermabrasion can be used in all skin colors and types and is useful in treating pigment disturbances related to hormones and sun exposure. Microdermabrasion is an ideal zero-downtime solution for people who cannot afford to take time off for healing for laser resurfacing or deep chemical peels.
Our non-particle microdermabrasion unit does not use sand or aluminum oxide crystals. The use of these crystals has raised safety issues since these particles can be inhaled and may have the potential to cause future problems in the lungs and eyes. Advantages of this advanced microdermabrasion facial system include:
- Exfoliation occurs only as the wand is in contact with the skin.
- No loose crystals or other abrasives that contaminate you or your skin.
- Even at its highest settings, NewApeel® is regarded as a gentler Microdermabrasion system yet provides more dramatic results than other less advanced systems
- Achieve skin rejuvenation without the adverse effects of loose particles, burning, irritation, and skin reactions.
- The precise diamond wand chip size and vacuum settings assure the appropriate amount of exfoliation that will produce uniform results.
Microdermabrasion treatments are $125 individually or a package of 6 treatments for $600. Each microdermabrasion session includes a light, refreshing facial. If you would like further information regarding microdermabrasion please call 202-966-8814 to schedule a complimentary consultation with our licensed medical esthetician.